Thursday, 13 April 2017

Review: Ahsoka

Ahsoka Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As I've previously made mention in my Star Wars : Dark Disciple review, I was never a fan of Star Wars: The Clone Wars tv show. It just didn't appeal to me. However, I love Star Wars: Rebels and Ahsoka plays a key part in that series.

This novel details how Ahsoka got from the end of Clone Wars, to her place in the Rebellion.

And, it's fine. It's a young adult book, so simplicity is to be expected.

The story is simple, but servicable. The supporting cast are quite bland. I kept getting male characters mixed up as they had no real difference between them. One had a twin sister, but which one? I was unsure of everyone's age, except for the 14 year old. Are they teenagers or in their 20s?

The friendship between Ahsoka and Kaeden was sweet though, and rife with subtext.

I listened to the audiobook, as that seems to be my thing now, and the audiobook was fine. It wasn't stellar like previous Star Wars audiobooks, though. It was narrated by Ahsoka's voice actor, which was a neat touch, but sometimes she just announciates a little too much. Some of the sound effects for flavour also seemed not top notch, or placed awkwardly.

It's not bad, and young Star Wars fans will probably love it, but I think I wanted something a little deeper.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification