Monday, 18 September 2017

Review: The Crimson Meniscus

The Crimson Meniscus The Crimson Meniscus by Jason Werbeloff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an advanced copy of this anthology in exchange for an honest review.

Here we are again, reviewing another Jason Werbeloff book!
Another great collection from a great author. To be fair I had already read about half of the shorts in this anthology, but the entire collection is very good.

All together, each story does its part in expanding the world of The Bubble, a future utopia nestled inside a force-field, a shimmering blister-pack surrounded by squalor. The whole world feels like a more polished, refined version of the worlds in his previous novels Hedon (Read my review on my Blog) and The Solace Pill (Read my review on my Blog). Each story gives a little tidbit of info, which culminates into all the facts the reader needs while reading the novella Defragmenting Daniel.

Defragmenting Daniel is a fascinating, gory tale. Exciting, gruesome, uncomfortable, with a protagonist that personally felt very sympathetic toward. Not everyone has all their organs, you go to get yours, Daniel!

It’s a good anthology, filled with creative ideas, and a unique mix of humour, gore and horror.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification